House of Blues Manager - Finance in Anaheim, California
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Finance Manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of HOB Club Venue accounting department, which includes but is not limited to; cash management, accounts payables, show flashing, month-end close process, forecasting, daily revenue auditing, office maintenance and supply. Directly responsible for the management of all accounting hourly positions; Income Auditor and Cashiers. Also responsible for maintaining and upholding all financial policies and procedures. Reports to and assists the National Accounting Director.
What You Need:
Competencies and Skills Required:
Analysis and Decision Making
Advanced MS Office Skills
Advanced managerial finance
Workers Compensation knowledge
Planning and Organization
• 5-year experience with a strong background in accounting
• 3 years of Accounts Payable experience
• 2-3 years of experience in Staff management
• Cash management background
• Able to communicate and interact well with executive level management
• Software requirements (PC Windows-based):
• Very strong Excel skills
• Experience with national-level integrated General Ledger software system (Oracle)
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-4 years of experience in all aspects of accounting
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• food/beverage accounting experience
• CPA preferred
• Advanced business degree
• Hospitality experience
What You’ll Do:
I. Responsible (directly or through supervision of staff member) for all aspects of accounting and finance at the venue level
• Month-end close process
• Show Flashing
• Balance sheet maintenance
• Daily Revenue reconciliation
• Accounts Payable
• Cash management and procedures
• Operational management support
• Tax and license maintenance
• Band Payment processes
• Office management and supply
• Accounts receivables
• Vendor and Guest relations
• Foundation Membership processes
• Manage and supervise lead auditor, cashiers, and purchasing managers
• Responsible for cash room, safe, and lock boxes
• Oversee accounts payable, including approvals, coding, input and review for accuracy and correctness. Match invoices to purchase orders.
• Responsible for daily sales and cash reconciliation. Research and explain any variance
• Prepare and issue daily flash, comp report, weekly cost of sales and weekly labor report, profit and loss forecasting including maintenance of checkbook accounting process. Ensure accuracy of all reports.
• Provide information as needed to home office club accounting for period close.
• Review period end GL detail with department heads
• Preparation of monthly tax return
• Oversee all local and state audits of club books and records
• Track and collect accounts receivable
• Oversee physical inventory counts. Actively participate in physical inventory, minimum one inventory per period, review actual to perpetual and explain variance.
• Review and provide input to Talent Buyer forecasting in the MIDAS system
• Preparation of fiscal operations and financial plan for respective club
• Responsible for weekly update and reforecast of Present View annual forecasting model based on actual and updated information
• Rollout of new financial procedures and systems in respective club
• Responsible to train and develop operations managers in the “Essentials of Finance”.
• Recognize, identify and execute profit enhancement opportunities
• Assist with special projects as assigned
II. Responsible for adherence to Company Policy and Procedures, financial and operational financial controls
III. Analysis and Special projects as requested by home office controller / General Manager
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.