The Salvation Army Fitness Instructor in Anaheim, California
11006 Fitness Instructor (Pool)-Anahiem Red Shield
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
The Fitness Instructor is responsible for:
Ensuring the safety of all persons in fitness rooms and locker rooms, enforcing facility rules, and responding appropriately to emergencies.
Provide appropriate fitness and wellness class.
As part of the Anaheim Red Shield team, all employees share the following expectations and assigned duties:
Values – work with other staff, volunteers and members to instill positive attitudes, life skills development, Christian values and service to others.
Safety – ensure the safe participation of all members, guests and fellow staff in center activities and programs, adhering to center safety policies and procedures.
Maintenance – assist in the proper care and maintenance of the facility and equipment following designated maintenance procedures assigned by supervisors.
Security – work with center staff and directors to monitor and maintain the security of our facility.
Special Events – assist center staff as required in the planning, development and implementation of special events and programs throughout the year.
Employees may also be requested to perform other reasonable business-related duties by their immediate supervisor or center management.
Responsible for marketing and scheduling fitness classes with Corps Officers and/or Operations Manager.
Monitor fitness areas to ensure a safe and clean environment.
Perform assessments for members which include body measurements and goal setting.
Provide tours of the community center with fitness and wellness in mind.
Respond appropriately to emergencies.
Record fitness statistics and reports.
Participate in staff training and development programs.
Keep all certifications current.
Follow center policies and procedures.
Responsible for enthusiastic fitness routines with music programming.
Ability to walk, stand, swim, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
Acknowledgement of The Salvation Army’s Religious Purposes
The employee acknowledges that he/she has been informed and understands The Salvation Army’s religious purpose and status as a church. The employee agrees that he/she shall do nothing in his/her relationship with The Salvation Army as an employee to undermine
its religious mission. The employee agrees and understands that his/her work-related conduct must not conflict with, interfere with, or undermine such religious programs or the Army’s religious purposes.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Some fitness instructor experience.
• Ability to develop encouraging relationships with clients and parents of clients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
• A criminal background check is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of Salvation Army policies, procedures, and programs, as well as a compassionate understanding and adherence to Salvation Army ministry and mission.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
• All instructors must keep these certifications up-to-date and continuous, participating as required in training programs as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41