The Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Bell Ringer in Anaheim, California
11006 Christmas Amb Anaheim Red Shield
Christmas Kettle Bell Ringer
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
Bell Ringers primary purpose is to be a friendly, positive representative to the community as they stand at approved locations ringing a bell next to the kettle stand. It is the responsibility of the bell ringer to greet customers as they ring the bell to indicate
The Salvation Army’s presence at the location, collecting monetary donations for The Salvation Army.
Vocational engagement as an employee of The Salvation Army is a position of sacred trust – representing, nurturing, protecting and advancing the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army; and serving the needs of people in our community with dignity and respect.
Conduct on and off the job must sustain a positive impact on The Salvation Army’s religious goals, programs and public image.
• Show up to work on time at the assigned location.
• Stand and ring the bell at kettle stand.
• Wear proper identification given to you by The Salvation Army (ID badge, logo printed attire, etc.)
• Record worked hours on the time slip each day, including lunch breaks.
• Greet customers in a friendly manner.
• Say “Merry Christmas” “Thank you” God Bless you”, etc.
• Communicate with Kettle Coordinator when unable to report to work as soon as possible or when availability changes.
• Do not eat, drink, be on the phone, or under any controlled substance while working as a bell ringer.
• Keep work area clean.
• Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability
to lift up to 20 lbs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Understand the mission and purpose of the Christmas Kettle Program
Able to function in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
Must possess good relationship skills.
At least 18 years old
If working in vicinity of children a criminal background check is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies and procedures.
Be neatly groomed.
Be friendly, respectful, honest, and punctual.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41