Marriott At Your Service Manager in Anaheim, California
Job Number 19112108
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Anaheim Marriott, 700 W. Convention Way, Anaheim, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for the successful functioning of the department. Major responsibility of the department is to receive all in-house and outside telephone calls and process requests professionally and correctly. This includes taking room service orders, receiving and processing all requests for additional items, directions, correcting any issues and, if necessary, forwarding calls on to appropriate areas. The Manager needs to ensure the agents’ information is thorough and up-to-date. Accountable for tracking all guest requests and issues to use as process improvement tool. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Tracks all guest issues from various sources and report results.
• Ensures guest requests/issues are logged.
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Identifies trends in guest issues for resolution.
• Schedules and supervise staff to ensure prompt, friendly, and attentive service.
• Supervises AYS agents and runners to ensure prompt and complete resolution of guest calls and requests.
• Coordinates the process of receiving and resolving guest issues and requests.
Supporting Management of Guest Service Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Assists in the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Assists in recruitment, hiring, training, and orientation of department personnel.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all department equipment is in proper working condition and that department areas and storerooms are clean.
• Performs departmental administrative duties.
• Addresses complaints and serves as Manager on Duty as needed.
• Attends meetings (e.g., front office supervisor meetings, operations meetings, forecast meetings, monthly department meetings, sales strategy, pre-con meetings).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Marriott Jobs