CTG TECHNICAL ENGINEER- FIREWALL, F5 PROXY OR VPN TECH in Amherst, New York
Title: TECHNICAL ENGINEER- FIREWALL, F5 PROXY OR VPN TECH
Job Number: 18213133
CTG is searching for a Technical Engineer - Perimeter Engineering for our banking client in Buffalo, NY. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. W2 candidates only, please no C2C.
Infrastructure Design and Architecture & Distributed Systems Support
Technical Engineer - Perimeter Engineering is responsible for architecture, design,
deployment, maintenance and management of the Bank’s Enterprise Firewall & Segmentation services.
• 3rd level troubleshooting of issues, vendor relationship and license management, business continuity
planning, capacity planning, audit /compliance, disaster recovery and platform maintenance.
• Trouble shooting complex Routing and Switching problems and escalated application performance
• Responsible for engineering security technology solutions following all relevant best standards and
• Complete technical security deliverables on assigned projects
• Minimum of five years of experience with Secure Web Gateway and/or Firewall Services.
• Working experience with CheckPoint NGFW (R77.x/80.x) preferred.
o Ability to manage multiple ongoing firewall rule change requests
o Hands-on firewall configuration changes, updates, and upgrades
o Scripting for the purpose of firewall log and rule recertification.
• Advanced knowledge of TCP / IP networking and protocols
• Working knowledge DNS/HTTP/HTTPS/PKI Certificate technology.
• In depth understanding of Network Ports, Network Address Translation and Access Lists.
• Possess utmost troubleshooting skills in the areas of security and networking.
• Ability to take and read packet level network traces.
• Ability to create network / system diagrams with Microsoft Visio.
• Red Hat Linux administration experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting language preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Firewall, F5 Proxy or VPN Technologies.
To be considered please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Mike Cleri at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-888-3415. Kindly forward to any other interested parties - thank you! W2 employees only, please no C2C.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT