General Electric Sr Director - Technical Product Management-– Global Supply Chain in Amersham, United Kingdom
Role Summary:As the leader for Pharmaceutical Diagnostics (PDx) Global Supply Chain team, you will set the strategy for the non-ERP supply chain application portfolio across Manufacturing Operations, Quality, and Brilliant Factory while acting as a key partner to supply chain leaders to deliver IT infrastructure and connectivity. This will include responsibility for the functional and technical design teams which deliver the product lifecycle for PDx supply chain applications.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role you will elevate how we engage with our internal business stakeholders, setting the 3-5 year product roadmap and collaborating on the investment plans. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of product releases, making recommendations on extending our existing software solutions, and representing the HC DT team with the PDx business supply chain leaders.
In this role, you and your team will:
• Drives vision, strategy, roadmap and product lifecycle for the PDx Supply Chain portfolio of applications.
• Establish strong working relationships with Operations, Quality, and Manufacturing business leaders.
• Lead and develop a team of product and project managers who are business and domain experts.
• Support the engagement of manufacturing sites with Core Tech and the Healthcare CTO organization for infrastructure and process vitality.
• Drive rigor in the documentation and management of functional requirements and user stories for successful project delivery.
• Design new requirements and enhancements into the business applications.
• Manage a roadmap and backlog of projects and enhancements in partnership with functional teams to meet business needs and appropriately invest in stability and productivity.
• Deliver end user testing to business teams and influence the change acceleration process and system adoption within our regional teams.
• Work cross functionally with business operations and finance teams as the Supply Chain portfolio owner for all business processes within PDx.
• Establish and manage relationships across PDx and Healthcare DT at director level + and technical expert levels across teams and geographies.
• Provide cross functional leadership to define and execute the portfolio vision and strategy. Share technical, procedural, and business knowledge with others.
• Leverage your domain expertise; you are expected to further the knowledge and improve productivity of your colleagues with activities such as creating learning content, giving presentations, and supporting a continuous learning culture.
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in Software Development and/or IT Operations
• Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Amersham, UK or Krakow, Poland
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation
• Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations)
• Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product
• Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
• Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
• Establishes relationships in the market intelligence and research community
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other functions
GE businesses Leadership:
• Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
• Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Poland, United Kingdom;Amersham, Krakow;
- General Electric Jobs