Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE in ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
Mount Vernon Emergency Unit is looking for an experienced Full Time Emergency RN Mid shift
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital has again been awarded a grade of "A" for hospital safety by The Leapfrog Group. We have earned this important recognition every year since 2014.
The Leapfrog Group is a Washington D.C-based organization aiming to improve health care quality and safety for consumers and purchasers. Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 27 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to approximately 2,500 U.S. hospitals twice per year. It is peer reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital recently opened the Veatch Family Emergency Department. This state-of-the-art facility features 35 all-private treatment rooms, new “fast track” rooms to treat less serious injuries, improved ambulance access, new cardiac emergency rooms and a specialized pediatric treatment area among its many amenities.
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
**May consider an RN with experience requiring the ED fellowship.
Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. BSN or AD Required If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN. BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required. CEN/ACLS certification desired.
Work Site Location: INOVA MOUNT VERNON HOSPITAL
Work Site Address: 2501 PARKERS LANE
Schedule: Rotating Days
Work Site City/State: ALEXANDRIA, VA
Shift: Swing Shift