Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE in ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
Inova Mount Vernon is looking for a fulltime experienced RN for the night shift working on a post surgical Joint Replacement and Spine unit. This is a full time night shift opening
Inova Joint Replacement Center is the largest program in the mid-Atlantic region. Each year, the Center performs over 2,000 hip, knee, shoulder and ankle replacements. Patients travel for the excellent medical and nursing care provided.
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
This unit utilizes staffing on demand scheduling pattern. 12 hour shifts with staggered start times.
RN Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. BSN or AD Required If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN. BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
Work Site Location: INOVA MOUNT VERNON HOSPITAL
Work Site Address: 2501 PARKERS LANE
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: ALEXANDRIA, VA