Leidos Logistics Management Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Leidos is currently hiring a Logistics Management Analyst in support of the Security Engineering Program in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment on multiple project tasks in close coordination with Program Manager. Candidate will be responsible for scheduling and tracking of equipment/supplies from the warehouse to various customer locations and/or repair locations and throughout each location during the equipment lifespan. The candidate will also serve as a Technical resource on a task.
This position is a full- time position with hours ranging from 30-40 hrs/ week. Work hours are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer. Candidate can expect to be scheduled for weekends and holidays. Applicant MUST be flexible and willing to work additional hours and travel within the United States on short notice supporting the customer as required.
Responsibilities for multiple project tasks include:.
• Organizes, directs and coordinates staff performing moderately complex and challenging logistical activities.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of budgeting processes and ensures that task schedules and deliverables accomplished.
• May also serve as a Technical resource on a task.
• Respond rapidly to direction from Project Manager and/or Client in the performance of their assigned duties.
• Work closely with the established Customer POC(s) to ensure effective and efficient performance from staff, and supplied equipment.
• Work in coordination with Project Manager to schedule field deployments, shipping and tracking of equipment from the warehouse to various customer locations meeting time sensitive deadlines using various shipping methods and carriers.
• Provide financial supply chain support and tracking to provide budgetary recommendations.
• Prepare the following but not be limited to: Field reports, After Action Reports, Status Reports, Operating Procedures, Sample Collection Logs, Equipment Inventory Log, and Maintenance and Equipment Tracking Logs and equipment placement diagrams.
• Act as the Lead on temporary deployments (2-3 day CONUS efforts) charged with the collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations.
• Prepare deployment pallets in association with established SOPs and coordinate transport to established destination, based on Project and POC direction.
• Coordinate the return of equipment, inspection, and conduct of maintenance and/or repairs as necessary based on return inspection.
• Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment, produce updated status reports, maintain shipping and receiving logs, and work with procurement to track order status, and repair/maintenance issues.
• Conduct site surveys, make recommendations for equipment usage, capture notes from Client meetings, and formulate deployment plans for client deliverable.
• Make necessary adjustments to sites on deployment to meet the specific needs of the customers with little to no supervision from the Project Manager.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in a business, scientific, or related discipline with 6+ years' experience in related field. High school diploma with additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A current Secret Clearance
• Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and night time hours.
• Must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without layover.
• Must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
• Strong writing and organizational skills, be knowledgeable and proficient with the MS Office Suite to perform administrative functions to include ordering and purchasing of equipment and supplies.
• Strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently. S/He must be able to follow written and oral instructions to carrying out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Willing to travel on short notice
• Work under minimal supervision
• Work well with small teams
• Effective time management and problem resolution
• Ability to react to frequent changes in requirements
• Communicate effectively with the manager and team
In order to install and retrieve sensors systems and environmental samples, candidate must be able to access mechanical spaces and or HVAC systems on rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes to access air intake tunnels. Thus the ability to perform the below functions is required:
• Ability to ascend/descend fixed ladders up to 24' in height potentially requiring equipment to be carried up ladders.
• Ability to ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes potentially requiring equipment to be carried up stairwells.
• Ability to work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up to 30 minutes.
• Ability to walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
• Ability to work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes multiple times during the shift.
• Ability to bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time 12 times a shift with minimum recovery time.
• Ability to lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
• Background in logistical planning and execution.
• Knowledge in the operation of automated sample collection systems, field test methods, collection of field data, and have working knowledge of mechanical principles relative to the maintenance of sampling equipment. Knowledge of sampling methods and quality assurance procedures as applied to collection, transport, and preliminary processing of environmental samples is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
- Leidos Jobs