Grant Thornton LLP Budget Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Leading and supporting Budget Formulation and Budget Execution client deliverables. * Utilize a strong understanding of the Federal Appropriation process to support budget formulation taskings. * Development of executive-level briefings. * Conduct data analysis of Federal Accounting data, and integrate various data sets into coherent budget documents. * Work with and within cross-functional teams to identify appropriate business solutions to client challenges. * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Federal Budget Formulation and Execution. (PPBE experience desired.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (to include advanced formulas & pivot tables), PowerPoint, and Word required.
- 1 year of experience in Data Analytics/Visualizations desired.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are key
- Federal Government certifications desired (e.g. CGFM, CDFM).
- Prior DHS or CBP experience a plus.
- SAP, Tableau, R, and/or Visio experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Budget Analyst
Requisition ID: 042213
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs