Sandia National Laboratories Human Resources Business Partner (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about people and looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team? We want you to join the team as a Human Resources Business Partner. You will provide a broad range of HR support and leadership for achieving strategic objectives and core processes, including talent management, organization effectiveness (change management, leader effectiveness), employee engagement, performance management, leadership planning, positive employee/labor relations, and management resource review.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilize broad and specialized human resource theories, principles, practices, and knowledge across multiple disciplines.
- Coach, influence, facilitate, present, communicate, develop processes, and analyze and solve problems.
- Partner with the Staffing Center of Expertise and recruiting for flawless execution of the staffing process.
- Provide coaching on a variety of Human Resources related topics to all levels of the organization with focus on employee relations.
- Engage with managers to counsel employees on performance management.
- Provide managers with feedback from their employees and advise on the best course of action to drive stronger performance.
- Partner with legal team to ensure compliance with all laws and company direction.
- Deliver compensation, organizational design and strategies for workforce planning, deployment and retention to address the current and future needs of the business while ensuring a diverse workforce.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business, or other closely related field plus 5 years of direct professional (exempt) HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a closely related field plus eight years of experience; or master's degree in a closely related field plus five years of experience; or doctorate in closely related field plus three years of experience.
- HR certification.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change and cultivate linkage between strategic objectives and human resources activities.
- Ability to create and maintain a Positive Employee Relations environment throughout complex and changing situations.
- Analytical skills to rationalize business concepts and rapidly translate them into usable data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated capability in organizing and managing projects.
- Demonstrable ability to influence others to drive organizational change.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Skillful in resolving conflicts quickly and with positive solutions/outcomes.
- Ability to manage in a highly matrixed environment.
- Capable of managing multiple demands and priorities simultaneously.
- Solid experience in coaching, interviewing and selection, performance management and training.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate and work effectively at all levels of the organization, inspiring respect and credibility.
- Active DOE/DOD security clearance.
The Human Resources Business Partnership and Strategic Services Department is responsible for partnering strategically and tactically with all Divisions and the Human Resource (HR) Functions in the design, delivery and deployment of Health, Benefits & Employee Services, Leadership Learning & Development, Corporate Learning & Professional Development, Talent Management, Compensation, Employee and Labor Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. The organization is responsible for understanding all divisions' objectives and how they interrelate with the HR Initiatives to implement the HR Strategy across the corporation.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.